Sunday, January 21, 2007

Celebration of two birthdays and an anniversary

I traveled North yesterday for a large party celebrating two birthdays and an anniversary. My grandma (a.k.a. "Mama") marked her 89th birthday... this is always a bit confusing for me; her age, I mean. Her year of birth is not known for sure. SK vital statistics says one thing, Mama says otherwise... ah -- yet what she says is never consistent. Last year I'm sure she said her year of birth was 1922; this year it's 1918? A couple years ago her year of birth was 1920? Ah, well... don't know why it's bugging me this morning.
We were also celebrating my Auntie Mary's birthday (Jan 23rd) and she's approximately 58 years old (let's not nitpick anymore). Here is a photo of the two birthday girls...

Meanwhile, Dion and his wife, Dolly, were also celebrating their 14th Wedding Anniversary. Pictured below with their cake... Unfortunately, after a large meal and birthday cake, we were all too full to eat any anniversary cake :(

It was a large gathering; approximately 50 people were in attendance spanning four generations. A photo of my cousin Dion:

No comments: